Sunday, January 24, 2010

Curious question for my fellow bloggers

Good evening my fellow bloggers. How is everyone? This blog tonight is going to be kind of short, so I will get straight to the point. In my past blogs I might have mentioned my past medical issues, chronic kidney stones, kidney cysts, back pain with inflammation, knee and ankle pain(other joints now also) basically chronic pain. Anyway in late November I started with a rash across my face and my children's hematologist said it looked like the Malar rash, and she asked me if I have Lupus. I did say no, I had no clue what it was and after speaking to her longer I seem to have so many symptoms of Lupus. However I did tell her I had recent blood work done from my sports medicine doctor. She was able to pull it up, saw my RA was negative along with something else. She did ask if I was on any meds when this test was taken and sure enough I was on steroids at the time. Long story short she contacted my family doctor and things seem to be pointing towards all my problems being from some autoimmune problem or Lupus. I am on a waiting list for a rheumatologist, dermatologist, and urologist, so until then it is a waiting game. My family doctor did say I have so man symptoms of Lupus or autoimmune that we need to get to the bottom of it.(fatigue, joint pain, dry eye, kidney issues and all that comes with that, depression,colitis, hair loss and I bruise easy...one of the reasons my kids went to the hematologist)

Now to current date: I have been having issues with my eyes for months, dry eye set in and then when I had that malar rash I also had a rash over my right eye. Well my rash went away on my face but not on my eye. Well two days ago I woke up with my eye swollen a little, it was sore and my vision a tad blurry. Yesterday same thing, more swollen and more painful. Today woke up, eye swollen shut, very painful, red, vision awful. I went to the urgent care, was given steroids yet again and a cream. Came home and ended up in the ER hours later due to my left eye now starting with same issue and the pain became to much. Well now I am told it look like Sjögren’s syndrome. Now I am wondering what this is.

So once again I am lost and confused and looking for anyone who maybe going through any of these two things. Anyone who can help me with everything going through my mind, anything really. Thanks for any help in advance.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I had a lot of problems with my eyes (dry eye) and was tentatively dx'd with Lupus, but further tests said no. I have joint aches, etc. and probably have some unnamed autoimmune thing going on. I feel for you. I take high doses of fish oil and added a lot of fish to my diet and that has helped a lot. I hope you start to feel better soon. Thanks for the follow (from MBC).

Anonymous said...

I am dealing with just about the exact same thing. I see the rheumatologist on tuesday. I have so many of the same problems you posted about. My main issue is the chronic pain and terrible terrible fatigue.
Shannon